Discover your group's Signature Gift
Organizations and teams of any size can benefit from this unique facilitated process. It is used in businesses, clubs, sports teams, community groups—any group that wants to discover and put powerful language to their unique vision and operating style. The process can be done online or in person.
If your group has a Mission Statement, it can be a valuable document. Usually developed by the Board of Directors, it sets the broad purpose and goals for the group. But often, employees in the organization are disconnected from the mission since they didn’t have much to do with its creation, and there aren’t meaningful strategies for them to be reminded and connected to it over time.
If a group doesn’t have a Mission Statement—many informal community groups don’t—it can result in members working towards different purposes, confused decision-making, and disconnected relationships.
Our Signature Gift facilitated process creates the missing link between the Mission—or lack of mission— and the local, every-day operating style and vision of any group or team of any size. It doesn’t replace a mission, it’s an energizing and enjoyable experience that engages everyone and results in a collaboratively built statement that everyone buys into.
"There is a unique, powerful and unified purpose that emerges when all of our individual gifts are joined together to act on a cause. This unique 'Signature Gift' is the foundation for a group's commitment to act on their mission."
Bruce Anderson, Core Gift Institute, Washington
What are the benefits of creating a Signature Gift statement?
- The process builds team strength by engaging everyone in a positive way.
- It establishes the vision and unique operating style of the group, using language that fits the culture of the group.
- It brings out the underlying motivation in the group—it raises their positive energy by naming the driving rationale for why they show up to be together.
- If the group has a Mission Statement, their Signature Gift clearly shows how they will contribute to the Mission and it identifies the driving force behind their contributions.
- If there are multiple teams in an organization, each teams Signature Gift clearly describes how they will contribute to the larger Mission of the organization.
- It increases feelings of belonging in a group. Everyone has agreed on the collective reason they are there and why that matters to them.
- Team members can clarify how their gifts and daily tasks contribute to the groups Signature Gift, building their participation and pride in membership.
- When there are multiple teams in an organization, and each team has developed a Signature Gift, the unique operating style of each team is clear to other teams. This improves communication, increases understanding of “why” other teams are so different, increases acceptance and reduces conflict between teams..
- When visible in the team area, a groups Signature Gift is a source of pride and on-going team spirit.
Designed for participants to learn the facilitation process for guiding a group of any size in the Signature Gift process.
The session is a blend of presenting each step in the Signature Gift process along with group discussion and Q/A so you are confident leading this process by the end of this learning event.
What can participants expect?
Participants will receive the Facilitators Guide to the Signature Gift process, the additional slide set from this event along with the bulleted items listed below, and access to Core Gift Institute staff for technical assistance along the way.
Included in this event:
- Sample invitation for inviting participants into the Signature Gift creation meeting.
- List of meeting supplies necessary for creation of Signature Gift.
- Beginning the meeting: How to introduce the process and ground-rules to your group.
- A description of each step for both in-person and online facilitation.
- Facilitation tips for making each step successful.
- Time for participant process questions when each step is being presented.
- Examples along the way of slight variations in the process used by other groups.
- Examples of Signature Gifts created in helping organizations, manufacturing and services, youth groups, and trekking/pilgrimage groups.
- Facilitated discussion of benefits of engaging people in this process.
- Facilitated discussion of powerful ways to use a Signature Gift in any group.
Any person who would like to facilitate this process with a group, organization, or team within an organization. Note: Participants DO NOT need to be Core Gift Master Facilitator or have attended any other training at the Core Gift Institute. This is a stand-alone process that works with any group.
- There is no preparation necessary.
- Participants must be able to access both Zoom audio and video.
- We ask for active participation. Attendee's typically learn a lot from each other when discussing processes during our events.
Date and Time
July 25, 2023
July 26, 2023
6pm-8pm PDT (Note: This is an evening session happening on July 25 for US/Canada folks)
This event is also available for single organizations on other dates. Please contact us for more information, scheduling, and pricing.