Master Facilitator Certification Program
This two-day intensive course and follow-up activities are designed to provide Master Facilitator Certification in the Core Gift Discovery© process.
The Strengths movement is in full-force in business, helping professions, and community development. And now there is a next-generation tool that takes strengths to an even deeper and more productive level!
Compatible with research in positive psychology, purpose-driven behavior in individuals and organizations, and motivation, the Core Gift Discovery© tool utilizes a unique facilitated process that results in a person developing an action statement that details their primary life purpose (Core Gift) and their 3-5 other gifts that most contribute to that purpose. Different than a strengths inventory, this unique profile doesn’t compare you with others, and doesn’t use general descriptors of your traits in predetermined areas.
The result is often surprising to the person, and can have a powerful impact on understanding past behavior, current difficulties, and point a clear path to future positive action and opportunity in all parts of life. It can be used to guide career choices, education, job satisfaction, discover and provide solutions to root causes of relationship issues, and be used to analyze work behaviors (positive and negative).
May 11 & 12, 2018
Vashon Island, WA
June 20 & 21 – FULL
The Core Gift Discovery© tool and its implementation strategies are useful for:
- Business and life coaches
- Leadership consultants
- Therapists and counselors
- Substance abuse professionals
- Youth and aging program staff
- Organizational and culture change initiatives
- Faith leaders
- Community organizing initiatives
Did you know?
- One of the top drivers of employment motivation and retention happens when an employee makes a significant link between their Core Gift, their job description, and the mission of the organization.
- Many relationship issues start out as gift related conflicts and turn into generalized anger and resentment over time.
- The behavior we use when we are angry is often the flip side of our Core Gift.
- Our gifts are often not the abilities we get most complimented for.
- A Core Gift is never a job. It’s the part of a job that we are most passionate about doing and learning more about.
- Leadership trouble is often due to an overuse of a person’s Core Gift at the expense of other equally important tasks.
- Your Core Gift is the same your entire life, but your understanding of it and how you give it changes frequently.
- You give your Core Gift in all parts of your life, often without knowing it.
- In-person attendance and participation for the full training times for both training days.
- Successful completion, using the Minimum Quality Checklist, of a Core Gift Discovery© interview for another training participant.
- Successful completion, using the Minimum Quality Checklist, of the Core Gift Discovery© process for yourself completed by another participant.
- Completion of three Core Gift Discovery© processes, and submittal of the process worksheets by postal mail or photos in email, completed within 60 days of the training.
- Approval from Core Gift Institute that your three interviews met the minimum standards on the Minimum Quality Checklist.
- Schedule and complete a telephone check-out interview for feedback on your interview worksheets and to answer any questions you have within 90 days of the training.
Training Format: The training format is a mixture of 1/3 presentation, 1/3 discussion, and 1/3 practice in pairs and small groups.
Time: 2 Days. 8:30-4:30 both days
Resources Provided to Participants: Each participant will receive in-depth information at the training about the underlying theory and application potential of the Core Gift Discovery© process. In addition, electronic copies of the process packet and all the instructional materials provided at the training will be provided upon completion of the session. Participants will also have access to the Facilitator Resource Bank with more than 40 templates and tools to use with the Core Gift Discovery© process.
Continuing Education: This program has been approved for:
• 13 CEUs by the NASW Washington State Chapter. Licensed Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors are eligible. Provider number is #1975-408.
• 12 CE’s by the State of Washington, DSHS, DDA. Provider number is #WA753101.
Number of Participants: Space is limited to 8 participants per session so we can provide adequate coaching while learning the Core Gift Discovery© process.
Cost: $795.00 per person. This price includes:
- Full training session
- Pre-session articles about gifts
- Continental breakfast and lunch both days
- All course materials in electronic format
- Review/feedback on the three Core Gift Discovery© interviews required for certification
- Individual check-out telephone call upon completion of certification requirements
- Access to closed Facilitator Resource Bank with more than 40 templates and tools to use with the Core Gift Discovery© process
- Ongoing email support for questions
Note: We provide a very limited number of reduced-rate spaces ($495.00) each session. Please contact us to inquire about eligibility.
Workshop Leader: Bruce Anderson, MRA, Director Core Gift Institute