Disability-Focused Advanced Practitioner Learning GroupA small group learning experience for people doing Core Gift Discovery facilitation with people with non-typical learning and communication styles. Learning together, we will share process tips, adaptive interview methods, and deepen our commitment to discovering the gifts of people who often get left out of gift discovery processes. We will operate from the belief that everyone has a Core Gift and that we have a lot to learn to bring that belief into common practice in our organizations.
Participation in this group will result in you being certified as an Advanced Practitioner. Join with a small group (16 maximum group size) of eager learners:
- What are adaptive interviewing techniques?
- How do we blend a person’s Core Gift into a support plan?
- How do we engage people around the person in helping us?
- How do we support a person in believing in their Core Gift and acting on it?
Who Can Join?
This learning group is designed for employees in disability support organizations or advocates. Prior completion of the basic Core Gift Discovery Master Facilitator training is required, either in person or online. (Note: If you did not complete your initial Certification by sending in your required interviews, you are still welcome to join the Advanced group. You will automatically receive your initial Certification upon completion of this Advanced Group.)
- We will meet online every two weeks for SIX sessions.
- Participants are required to do one Core Gift interview between each session.
- We’ll share our interviews, get and give feedback, and discuss deeper skills of facilitation.
Time: All sessions will be 75-90 minutes long, depending on feedback discussions, so plan on:
- 10:00-11:30 PDT
- 11:00-12:30 MDT
- 12:30-1:00 CDT
- 1:00-2:30 EDT
Dates: May 26, June 9, June 23, July 7, July 21, August 4
Price: $299 per person. Complete price for all sessions. $1,000 Bulk rate for organizations for 4 participants (a $200 savings!)